Fixing VMWare Unity after kernel upgrade

I run Fedora 16 in a VMWare VM, making use of the Unity feature to run my Linux applications on my regular desktop. After a kernel update I found that I couldn't enter Unity mode.

I tried reinstalling the VMWare tools, but that didn't help. In the end running the vmware-config-tools.pl command and then running /usr/bin/vmware-user once the installation was complete allowed me to enter into Unity mode. I have no idea why running the vmware-config-tools.pl command on its own would make any difference, but it does.

Comments

Thank you for wwriting this

Popular posts from this blog

MinHash for dummies

Authenticating via Kerberos with Keycloak and Windows 2008 Active Directory

Fixing OpenVPN "Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: cipher final failed"